Thursday, February 10, 2011

Alexander McQueen March 17, 1969 – February 11, 2010

One of the greatest designers of this generation- Alexander McQueen. I still can't believe he's gone. I haven't seen such a talented, creative designer like him. I'm sure everyone who reads my blog knows I'm obsessed with him haha. The reason why I am obsessed is because his work was pure genius... I don't think he can ever be replaced. He was in a league of his own. "He proved that this industry and this city is one of opportunity, he left school with one O-Level and, with a good mix of determination, hard work and genius, he became and will remain one of London's leading lights" -Mr. Tillman. 
Every single one of his runway shows completely blow my mind. I will watch them over and over again. They always leave me with an artistic inspiration. His last collection (Spring/Summer 2010) was beyond phenomenal. I encourage everyone to watch this fashion show, but only with an open mind. Because only then you will be able to understand the creative genius work that is put together. 
Alexander McQueen - Plato's Atlantis from SHOWstudio on Vimeo.
 

"His imagination and his creative spirit have meamorphosed, just like theme hydbrid-sea creatures of his final runway collection, and they will live on to compel, shock and inspire another generation to dream the dream that is fashion". (Kristin Knox)
  Rest in peace.

0 comments:

Post a Comment