Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Style philosophy interview continued







Ena Lateef, 22, student
1. How do you define your style? (chic, retro, edgy, etc)
I don't really know how to define my style. I'm a sucker for guy's clothing and anything that has bows or lace or buttons. But if I could rock men's wear and/or classic style dresses, I totally would.

2. When did your interest in fashion begin? who/what is your inspiration to be fashionable?
My interest in fashion began only a couple years ago, to be honest with you. Having a best friend as a serious fashionista finally rubbed off on me and I decided I wanted to find clothes that fit who I am as a person. I'd even go so far as to say she's my inspiration to be fashionable. I couldn't drag her down in public walking around in my sweats and tees, haha.

3. Favorite designers? fav stores to shop at? where are the best deals at?
I <3 Marc Jacobs
. No one really knows how to make knitwear quite like him. I'm also really starting to like Diane von Furstenberg but my descent into the fashion world isn't yet completed...who knows who else is out there! I love Forever 21 because there's a hugeeee selection...even though so many people shop there, there are enough possibilities for everyone to create their own style. I also love this website called threadless.com. Screen print tees will always be my soft spot. They have the best deals too! I've bought shirts online for $5 before.

4. Who are your top 5 fashion icons?
This is a bit of a difficult question because labeling someone as an "icon" shouldn't be taken lightly and placing them upon a 'top shelf' shouldn't be either. I guess I only have three top fashion icons.
Two of my all time favorites would be Audrey Hepburn and Jackie Kennedy. I loved their simple, elegant dresses. Audrey's little black dress and cute cigarette jeans and Jackie O's oversized sunglasses and pillbox hats have immortalized them in fashion's history. I'm also a huge James Dean fan. He's the man who got everyone to want a leather jacket.

5. Any style tips that you could give someone the same body type as you?
Stay away from bubble tops or dresses! They tend to make you look fat.

6. Just for fun.. if you had your own clothing line, what would you name it?
If I had my own clothing line...I have no idea what I would name it, haha. Maybe something to do with dinosaurs because they're the shiiiiiiiiit.



0 comments:

Post a Comment